The Homeopathic Midwife is a professional online program for anyone who would like to learn how to use homeopathy during labour, pregnancy and postpartum. This program is taught in five sessions with a clinical, practical approach and will expand your mind, your practice and your relationships. Freshen up your work by learning something new and dynamic. Please visit my website – http://www.pipermartin.com for a look at a detailed course outline, fees and registration.
I look forward to working with you!
Birth is taking a journey into the unknown. Birth is raw and women need to be supported by others who are invested in a positive experience, no matter the outcome. I have had the support of Piper attending and using homeopathy throughout the births of both my children.
At the birth of my daughter this decision was imperative in ways I could never have imagined. Her 23 hour labour culminated with an at home resuscitation attended by experienced midwives. I remember her long-awaited first cry, after Piper quickly introduced homeopathy to help with the shock to her system from this abrupt beginning into the world. I was also prescribed remedies for my bleeding which became excessive during the panic of the resuscitation. This allowed us to stay at home, mom and babe together. Piper’s skill and abilities to manage emergency situations through the use of homeopathy are invaluable. Her knowledge and experience are a true gift to all women who are lucky enough to be supported by her skill and amazing presence. Thank you Piper, for trusting in women’s bodies and the birth process.
~If you are looking for support, knowledge or training in using homeopathy for pregnancy, birth and beyond please visit my website – http://www.pipermartin.com. I welcome your questions.
Homeopathic induction is one of the hottest topics on this blog – and for good reason.
- It works.
- It is safe.
- It feels just as if you went into labour on your own.
- You can avoid the cascade of interventions that often follow a medical induction.
- You can induce yourself or work with a midwife that has had homeopathic training.
- Remedies are easy to find and very affordable.
I am here for free guidance if you need it at any point in the process!
Three ways to learn more about how to create an effective homeopathic induction:
- Read all the posts about induction on this blog.
- Purchase The Homeopathic Guide to a Vibrant Pregnancy – there is an induction section. This e-book costs 20.00.
- Register for the Homeopathic Midwife, an online course that teaches you in-depth how to use homeopathy in pregnancy, labour and postpartum.
The Homeopathic Midwife is up and running! Online homeopathic education for anyone interested in using homeopathy in the world of birth. You will complete this program with the ability to do homeopathic inductions – imagine the difference that small piece would make in the world of birth and babies!!
All the detailed information is on my website – http://www.pipermartin.com
- course outline
anything else you would like to know, just send me a message, I am happy to hear from you!
What if all postpartum feelings were normal?
What if your own self is taking advantage of this gap that opens up when you have a baby?
You are vulnerable, open, aware and alive postpartum. Doesn’t it make sense that information would be available to you in a new way?
Using homeopathy to offer yourself love and support postpartum means the messages will be delivered, not numbed out or pretended away. Those messages from our own selves can be processed, felt, truly felt and then integrated.
All with a newborn by your side to assist you on keeping your focus on what is vital, alive and forward moving.
Consider this as a possibility.
Registration for the Homeopathic Midwife is now OPEN!
Please visit my website for all the juicy details…
On February 1st I will open registration for The Homeopathic Midwife, an online professional training program in Homeopathy for Midwives. On the first of each month a new session will begin. If you would like to be put on the list for the program please email me and I will notify you as soon as registration opens.
The focus of The Homeopathic Midwife is experiential learning, figuring out how to use homeopathic remedies during pregnancy, labour and postpartum. It is appropriate for anyone with a desire to learn. The program is specifically relevant for Midwives and Midwifery students. Homeopathy students, Doulas and Naturopathic Doctors may also find this information beneficial if they are attending births in this capacity. The program is divided into five modules and is paced to occur over a five month period of time.
You will receive:
- written and audio versions of the materials
- email access to consult with Piper Martin throughout the five months of your program
- a flexible schedule of Skype calls to discuss and improve comprehension through case conferences.
- As you finish each section you will be asked to complete a clinical assignment to assess your assimilation of the material. The completion of these segments will result in a certificate of completion at the conclusion of the program. Please note that these assignments are experiential and practical.
The fee for this progam is 1500.00 CDN funds.
A brief outline of the program is as follows:
Session One – Homeopathic Case Taking Skills
- Learn how to gather the information you need to prescribe accurately. This will be demonstrated in a variety of settings.
- Selection of dosage and potency, which homeopathic pharmacies to use and time frames for prescribing.
- Creation of a Homeopathic birth kit
- Homeopathic philosophy and development of language to have an effective informed choice discussion.
Session Two – Materia Medica aka Descriptions of the Remedies
- Remedies are divided into categories of plants, animals and minerals so that you may study the remedy descriptions with classification.
- Each remedy description is specifically oriented towards its use in pregnancy, labour and postpartum care.
- Information will be accompanied by relevant clinical notes and clues when possible so that the connection between the written description and the real life client can be made as easily as possible.
Session Three – Homeopathy for Pregnancy
- Common ailments of pregnancy that may benefit from homeopathic support are included in this segment. Symptoms such as morning sickness, dehydration, iron levels,acute illness and accidents are all covered, as well as emotional states such as anxiety and fear around upcoming births.
- Discussion will include treatment for previous birth trauma, VBAC women and sexual abuse survivors.
Session Four – Homeopathy for Labour
- Case taking in labour, how to translate what you observe into a remedy prescription.
- Homeopathic induction – so amazing!
- Homeopathic augmentation, remedies for first, second and third stage of labour – both physical and mental/emotional treatment.
Session Five – Homeopathic Postpartum Care
- Remedies for the immediate postpartum – retention of urine, shaking, dissociation etc.
- Homeopathic postpartum kit for the week following labour
- Using homeopathy to support breastfeeding – milk supply and mastitis treatment, anxiety regarding breastfeeding
- Birth trauma recovery and emotional support for mothers.
- Surgical healing
I will look forward to hearing from everyone who co-created this new experience.