The Homeopathic Midwife is an online professional training program. If you would like to receive information about the course please send me your information. A brief course outline is listed below, you may also visit my website for detailed information. http://www.pipermartin.com
The focus of The Homeopathic Midwife is experiential learning, figuring out how to use homeopathic remedies during pregnancy, labour and postpartum. It is appropriate for anyone with a desire to learn. The program is specifically relevant for Midwives and Midwifery students. Homeopathy students, Doulas and Naturopathic Doctors may also find this information beneficial if they are attending births in this capacity. The program is divided into five modules and is paced to occur over a five month period of time.
You will receive:
- written and audio versions of the materials
- email access to consult with Piper Martin throughout the five months of your program
- As you finish each section you will be asked to complete a clinical assignment to solidify your assimilation of the material. The completion of these segments will result in a certificate of completion at the conclusion of the program. Please note that these assignments are experiential and practical.
The fee for this program is 1500.00 CDN funds.
A brief outline of the program is as follows:
Session One – Homeopathic Case Taking Skills
- Learn how to gather the information you need to prescribe accurately. This will be demonstrated in a variety of settings.
- Selection of dosage and potency, which homeopathic pharmacies to use and time frames for prescribing.
- Creation of a Homeopathic birth kit
- Homeopathic philosophy and development of language to have an effective informed choice discussion.
Session Two – Materia Medica aka Descriptions of the Remedies
- Remedies are divided into categories of plants, animals and minerals so that you may study the remedy descriptions with classification.
- Each remedy description is specifically oriented towards its use in pregnancy, labour and postpartum care.
- Information will be accompanied by relevant clinical notes and clues when possible so that the connection between the written description and the real life client can be made as easily as possible.
Session Three – Homeopathy for Pregnancy
- Common ailments of pregnancy that may benefit from homeopathic support are included in this segment. Symptoms such as morning sickness, dehydration, iron levels,acute illness and accidents are all covered, as well as emotional states such as anxiety and fear around upcoming births.
- Discussion will include treatment for previous birth trauma, VBAC women and sexual abuse survivors.
Session Four – Homeopathy for Labour
- Case taking in labour, how to translate what you observe into a remedy prescription.
- Homeopathic induction – so amazing!
- Homeopathic augmentation, remedies for first, second and third stage of labour – both physical and mental/emotional treatment.
Session Five – Homeopathic Postpartum Care
- Remedies for the immediate postpartum – retention of urine, shaking, dissociation etc.
- Homeopathic postpartum kit for the week following labour
- Using homeopathy to support breastfeeding – milk supply and mastitis treatment, anxiety regarding breastfeeding
- Birth trauma recovery and emotional support for mothers.
- Surgical healing
I will look forward to hearing from everyone who co-created this new experience.