I offer free homeopathic inductions to all women. Contact me via my website – http://www.pipermartin.com when you are 40 weeks and I will assist you in finding a homeopathic remedy to induce labour.
This is free, safe and available.
I do this because I feel like starting labour from a gentle, positive place is essential to a peaceful birth outcome.
I have worked with women from over 100 countries via email and homeopathic process is always dynamic, supportive and full of good feeling vibes.
Pulsatilla – the windflower~ is blooming right now. Early spring is the time that this plant blooms and moves with the wind and rain of the season. Pulsatilla is a remedy that is very common to see as a remedy state in pregnancy and in children.
Pulsatilla is the remedy to remind a breech or transverse baby that the most anatomically correct way to be born is in an anterior, vertex position. This may not be the case for all babies, I do think there are babies that do just fine being born breech. But for those that can change the position safely, Pulsatilla creates the gentle reminder and the mother and baby create a more optimal fetal position together.
This happens within 24 hours of taking a single dose of Pulsatilla 200C and quite often the mother is not aware of it happening. I have clinically seen this occur up to the 39th week of pregnancy.
This is a safe option to explore. The remedy will only work if the change of position is to the advantage of the baby. If the cord is too short or tangled to make the switch, nothing will happen. If the placement of the placenta will be compromised by a move, then again, the baby will not turn. Homeopathy is safe because it ONLY works with the body, it can’t override the body. It makes suggestions and the body can choose to respond or not.
Pulsatilla is also very helpful for:
- morning sickness
- fear of labour
- jealousy in pregnancy
- long first stage of labour that stops and starts
- indecisive about planning for birth
A Pulsatilla baby is usually born to a Pulsatilla mother. These babies will strongly prefer to be carried every moment, mainly by their mothers. They need a lot of attention, tending, adjusting and adapting on the part of the mother. They weep often but are quickly consoled by cuddling. They are changeable babies and very sensitive to being alone – even for a moment. You will observe all of these same characteristics present in the mother as well.
- thick, yellow discharges – eyes, nose or ears
- remedy for chickenpox – still wants to snuggle despite the itching
- thirstless – have to beg this child to take sips
Pulsatilla 200C is an appropriate dose for both pregnant women and children. Please visit my website for more information. I offer online consults, learning opportunities and ebooks on my site. Thank you for reading and your feedback!
Birth is taking a journey into the unknown. Birth is raw and women need to be supported by others who are invested in a positive experience, no matter the outcome. I have had the support of Piper attending and using homeopathy throughout the births of both my children.
At the birth of my daughter this decision was imperative in ways I could never have imagined. Her 23 hour labour culminated with an at home resuscitation attended by experienced midwives. I remember her long-awaited first cry, after Piper quickly introduced homeopathy to help with the shock to her system from this abrupt beginning into the world. I was also prescribed remedies for my bleeding which became excessive during the panic of the resuscitation. This allowed us to stay at home, mom and babe together. Piper’s skill and abilities to manage emergency situations through the use of homeopathy are invaluable. Her knowledge and experience are a true gift to all women who are lucky enough to be supported by her skill and amazing presence. Thank you Piper, for trusting in women’s bodies and the birth process.
~If you are looking for support, knowledge or training in using homeopathy for pregnancy, birth and beyond please visit my website – http://www.pipermartin.com. I welcome your questions.
On February 1st I will open registration for The Homeopathic Midwife, an online professional training program in Homeopathy for Midwives. On the first of each month a new session will begin. If you would like to be put on the list for the program please email me and I will notify you as soon as registration opens.
The focus of The Homeopathic Midwife is experiential learning, figuring out how to use homeopathic remedies during pregnancy, labour and postpartum. It is appropriate for anyone with a desire to learn. The program is specifically relevant for Midwives and Midwifery students. Homeopathy students, Doulas and Naturopathic Doctors may also find this information beneficial if they are attending births in this capacity. The program is divided into five modules and is paced to occur over a five month period of time.
You will receive:
- written and audio versions of the materials
- email access to consult with Piper Martin throughout the five months of your program
- a flexible schedule of Skype calls to discuss and improve comprehension through case conferences.
- As you finish each section you will be asked to complete a clinical assignment to assess your assimilation of the material. The completion of these segments will result in a certificate of completion at the conclusion of the program. Please note that these assignments are experiential and practical.
The fee for this progam is 1500.00 CDN funds.
A brief outline of the program is as follows:
Session One – Homeopathic Case Taking Skills
- Learn how to gather the information you need to prescribe accurately. This will be demonstrated in a variety of settings.
- Selection of dosage and potency, which homeopathic pharmacies to use and time frames for prescribing.
- Creation of a Homeopathic birth kit
- Homeopathic philosophy and development of language to have an effective informed choice discussion.
Session Two – Materia Medica aka Descriptions of the Remedies
- Remedies are divided into categories of plants, animals and minerals so that you may study the remedy descriptions with classification.
- Each remedy description is specifically oriented towards its use in pregnancy, labour and postpartum care.
- Information will be accompanied by relevant clinical notes and clues when possible so that the connection between the written description and the real life client can be made as easily as possible.
Session Three – Homeopathy for Pregnancy
- Common ailments of pregnancy that may benefit from homeopathic support are included in this segment. Symptoms such as morning sickness, dehydration, iron levels,acute illness and accidents are all covered, as well as emotional states such as anxiety and fear around upcoming births.
- Discussion will include treatment for previous birth trauma, VBAC women and sexual abuse survivors.
Session Four – Homeopathy for Labour
- Case taking in labour, how to translate what you observe into a remedy prescription.
- Homeopathic induction – so amazing!
- Homeopathic augmentation, remedies for first, second and third stage of labour – both physical and mental/emotional treatment.
Session Five – Homeopathic Postpartum Care
- Remedies for the immediate postpartum – retention of urine, shaking, dissociation etc.
- Homeopathic postpartum kit for the week following labour
- Using homeopathy to support breastfeeding – milk supply and mastitis treatment, anxiety regarding breastfeeding
- Birth trauma recovery and emotional support for mothers.
- Surgical healing
I will look forward to hearing from everyone who co-created this new experience.
A woman who needs Arsenicum for induction of labour or to assist during labour often has one or several of the following fears:
- deeply believes it is possible she will die during birth – to combat this fear she over researches and over plans every possible aspect that she can control.
- fear of vomiting
- fear of having a bowel movement during labour
- fear of swearing, hitting or shouting at her partner
- fear of the house being messed up
- fear of getting an illness while in the hospital
- VERY regularly Arsenicum women will go into labour at 1:00 am after taking a dose of the remedy to induce labour. So if this is you, take a nap, this remedy has strong time modality.
- unable to let go of her fears long enough to go into labour, this remedy will ease the anxiety enough to allow things to progress.
This is a remedy for second stage – Arsenicum women HATE pushing. They hate the intense sensation, the fear of having a bowel movement, the feeling of a freight train charging through their bodies!
Occasionally they will say they have absolutely no urge to push but often they are stalled at this stage. A dose of Arsenicum will again alleviate the intense control so that they are able to move onward.
Give two pellets of Arsenicum 200C and wait for the picture to unfold.
If you desire more information or guidance please visit my website – http://www.pipermartin.com. I have two e-books for self-reference and I provide homeopathic consults via email internationally. Homeopathic inductions are free and always will be.
There are recurring fears that come up as women prepare to open themselves to the opportunity of birth.
Fear of the Pain –
- anxious about the pain from the beginning of pregnancy
- plans to get an epidural asap
- nightmares and panic attacks about giving birth
- history of pain that is triggering – trauma, old surgeries or injuries
- prone to anxiety
Aconite 1M – use as often as needed before labour,during labour and postpartum.
Fear of losing control/having a bowel movement/vomiting
- usually these women are very fastidious, in control and on top of things
- they typically do not like second stage of labour – the out of control pushing
- they like things neat and tidy so will not usually give birth at home unless they find the idea of the hospital too germy
- usually go into labour at 1:00 am
Arsenicum 200C – 2 pellets during labour or when they go into labour
Fear of tearing or being cut –
- previous trauma history – sexual abuse or birth trauma
- fear of needles
- hard time speaking up for themselves, are ultra polite when they feel dominated
- hold in all of their emotions and create infections after birth such as UTI or cesarean incision infections
Staphysagria 200C – 2 pellets during labour and following any surgical incisions from birth
Fear of something happening to the baby –
- generally very sympathetic
- very aware of how everyone in the room is feeling and reactive to anything that is said or observed
- history of bleeding nose/gums/hemorrhage during pregnancy
- very fast labours
- feels very in touch with the baby throughout the pregnancy
Phosphorus 1M – 2 pellets at the start of labour, repeat as needed.
If you would like more specific guidance about choosing or using homeopathy please email me to set up a consult. I offer free homeopathic induction to ALL women and online homeopathy on an ongoing basis. I am a Classical Homeopath and I haved been a specialist in the world of homeopathy and birth for 18 happy years! I am the author of two e-books – The Homeopathic Guide to a Vibrant Pregnancy and Birth Kit Essentials, both available on my website – http://www.pipermartin.com
I LOVE it when languages encourages and sets the tone for the situation. Women in labour need language that fits.
One of the things that I pay close attention to is the language a woman is using during her pregnancy, birth and postpartum.
It is a clear view of how she is feeling and how the thoughts in her mind are manifesting through her body.
Here are some indicators of remedies and their corresponding language:
“Please take it out”
“I don’t want to move, it makes me have contractions”
- I would suggest Pulsatilla to support the woman in engaging in her own birth.
- Pulsatilla leads the woman and reminds her of what she is capable of.
“This is killing me”
“I am going to die!”
- Aconite is for women that get frightened and truly believe they are about to die.
- The remedy settles the intensity of the fear and allows the woman to be present – especially useful during transition and during precipitous births.
If you are eating up homeopathic knowledge like candy and want to learn more feel free to contact me for mentoring!
Induction of labour using homeopathic remedies is a completely SAFE option for nudging your body into labour. The remedies are safe for both you and your baby. There are not any remedies that are unsafe, remedies cannot be contraindicated when other medications are being administered and the only effect of taking the wrong remedy is that NOTHING will happen.
Now that all those questions are out of the way – how does it work?
When I give remedies to induce labour there are two aspects I consider:
1. What is the fear holding this woman or this baby back? This is the biggest reason women do not go into labour. Identifying the fear at the core level and then taking a remedy to lift the intensity of it, is how women go into labour after a remedy.
2. Position of the baby – this is another way to induce labour – if the baby is posterior or breech then giving a remedy to correct the position will initiate labour because of the perfect pressure that creates on the cervix.
How LONG does it take to work?
There is no point in taking a remedy until you are 40 weeks. Homeopathy cannot override your body.
I have had women go into labour within 5 min. of taking a remedy but the normal range I work with is 24 hours. Within 24 hours something will be starting, you will fully be in labour or you will have had the baby. The remedy only suggests to your body that you go ahead and do what you need to do and so when you do get going, it will be just as if labour has begun on its own.
How do you know which remedy to take?
1. I do homeopathic inductions for free – you can book a time to see me or book a telephone induction.
2. Access my e-book – The Homeopathic Guide to a Vibrant Pregnancy which outlines several remedy pictures for induction along with a host of other valuable information including remedies for labour and postpartum recovery.
if you need guidance or want to access my services please visit my website – http://www.pipermartin.com
Pulsatilla is a very common remedy to see in pregnancy, labour and postpartum. If a remedy works well for you in pregnancy – i.e. it addresses your morning sickness, then it is highly likely that will also be useful for induction, to augment labour or to support any breastfeeding challenges. Pulsatilla is a remedy that appears to follow a woman from pregnancy to postpartum and often it will be the first remedy to consider should the baby need a remedy.
Pulsatilla emotionally looks like:
- weeps easily
- looks for comfort and reassurance and allows this
- emotional about other children, fear of them feeling abandoned
- looks to those around her for guidance instead of tapping into her own
Physically this translates as:
- discharges that are yellow, thick and emerging from eyes, nose, ears – newborn goopy eyes
- craves touch no matter what – even while in transition prefer to be cuddled and touched
- morning sickness that changes day by day – different triggers, different times, different reactions to food.
- indecisiveness is reflected in the baby assuming many positions during pregnancy and often goes breech, labour that starts and stops and is experienced all through the body – contractions in legs, bum, back, abdomen, unable to commit to the labour taking Pulsatilla will create a regular rhythm to the labour and is the gesture of commitment that is needed to progress.
- goes into labour only when children are in bed or being cared for – reluctant to really be in labour without the midwives, husband, mother, support team that she has assembled all around her – within sight
- very changeable milk supply and supply that is easily effected by food, company, upset, discharges etc.
Pulsatilla is a plant remedy, made of the wind flower – it blooms in the spring and softly blows in the wind – a way to remember its soft, changeable nature and being a plant its reaction to and awareness of its environment.
- use Pulsatilla for babies if you have a baby with separation anxiety – by that I mean if you cannot walk out of a room without the baby weeping.
- This is such a useful remedy for siblings that may be feeling jealous and becoming very weepy and whiny as a means of expressing their feelings. Pulsatilla will reassure them of their stability in the family.
Continue reading Pulsatilla 200C- when and why to use this remedy