The best time to try a homeopathic induction is when you are due.
The main reason women go overdue is because of fear. The remedies will bring down the intensity of the fear so that you can go into labour. The fear may be about birth, about postpartum, becoming at mother, breastfeeding, your body, your existing family, your finances etc. etc. etc. etc. Identifying the fear and taking a remedy to match it will be what allows you to go into labour.
These thoughts are not unrelated to what is happening or not happening in your body.
- Attempting to take remedies and move things forward before you are due is just an exercise in frustration. Homeopathy cannot override your body like a drug, so it cannot force you or your baby into labour.
- When you do take a remedy and it is the correct match for you, it will work in 24 hours. It will be just as if you have gone into labour on your own, a gradual movement towards birth, nothing overpowering or intense.
- When I do homeopathic inductions with patients the only reason I would give a remedy before 40 weeks is if there is some indication that the woman or her baby are no longer tolerating the pregnancy. Physical signals such as a true lack of sleep, high blood pressure or swelling are such indicators.
If you want to use homeopathy to induce labour you have a couple of options:
- Take your constitutional remedy if you have seen a homeopath and know what your remedy is. This is always an excellent starting point.
- Buy my e-book(s)The Homeopathic Guide to a Vibrant Pregnancy and Birth Kit Essentials – available on my website – http://www.pipermartin.com – they deal specifically with remedies for induction.
- I do homeopathic inductions for free via the phone, in person or skype. Please contact me if you need additional support. This is something I feel strongly that all women should have access to!