Remedies have relationships and belong to families. This is one way of organizing and understanding how remedies may work together. Sepia and Nux vomica are two such remedies.
Sepia is a very hormonally based remedy and hence the reason it shows up a lot during pregnancy. Sepia women feel hormonal changes strongly, each shift such as menarche, the birth control pill, pregnancy, breastfeeding and menopause create imbalance and difficulty for the Sepia woman. During pregnancy Sepia women may experience some of the following symptoms:
- aversion to their husband – this is a strong aversion – including the smell of their husband
- aversion to their children – general impatience and feeling of being overwhelmed
- lack of tone – sensation as if the baby is falling out
- prolapse – bladder, rectum or uterus
- craving for vinegar
- stasis – varicose veins, hemorrhoids, constipation and cold hands and feet
- desire for vigorous exercise but too tired to do so
- aversion to breastfeeding – would prefer to go to work and this is their main conflict – knowing breastfeeding is a good choice for the baby but lacking the desire to sit and do it.
Nux vomica is the acute remedy of Sepia. This means if a person is constitutionally a Sepia type, then Nux vomica will work well for acute complaints – symptoms that are temporary and passing through.
- morning sickness in pregnancy – this feels like being hung over – dry heaves, retching, headache and BAD mood
- withdrawal from coffee, tea, drugs or alcohol – headache, constipation and BAD MOOD
- impatience in traffic, at work, with families – extreme lack of tolerance and patience – translates in labour as a premature urge to push
- constipation – with urging but little output
- very sensitive to noise, light, stimulation and big reactions when overstimulated.
- babies that cannot handle stimulation, especially premature babies
For information and guidance please visit my website- http://www.pipermartin.com