Chamomilla 200C is one of the best remedies for a screaming baby. This remedy is very sensitive in general and their reaction to something they do not like is to shriek.
- capricious – can’t make up their minds about what they want. Everything works for about 1min. before they are screaming again.
- wake up screaming – worst time is 10am or 10pm.
- they DO NOT want whoever is holding them to sit down, they must keep moving.
- sensitive to touch – i.e: examining their ear for a suspected ear infection will further increase shrieking and may also include striking and kicking at the examiner.
- worse from WIND – in these past few days of high wind this remedy starts to show up more. Chamomilla children are sensitive to wind.
- TEETHING is a time Chamomilla is most widely used. This is due to the element of pain and can also include – diarrhea (green), one red cheek, one white cheek, fever and sleeplessness (both mothers and babies!)
One dose of Chamomilla 200C will ease the sensitivity so that the babies can sleep. Just being able to sleep will ease a lot of the reaction. Although teething is the most common etiology of this remedy it can be triggered by any sensation of pain that the baby may feel. This would include physical birth trauma, colic, ear infections etc.
Homeopathic remedies come in the form of very small pellets that babies are easily able to suck on and dissolve. IF that is not comfortable for you then you can put two pellets into a 1/4 cup of water and allow them to melt. Give your baby a teaspoon of that mixture.
For more information on using homeopathy for babies please visit my website – http://www.pipermartin.com and access my on-line e-book – The Homeopathic Guide to a Vibrant Pregnancy.