Homeopathic estrogen is called Folliculinum. Folliculinum was created by Melissa Assilem, a British Homeopath. One of the most common uses of Folliculinum is to assist women that are coming off of the birth control pill. To restore their bodies on a physical and mental/emotional level. The Pill is one of the ways we are taken away from our natural rhythms and this disruption carries over into the mental/emotional sphere as we start to lose a sense of who we are and what we want. Some of the symptoms that show up when you need a dose of Folliculinum include:
- spotting, pain and ovarian cysts, all worse during ovulation
- PMS – swollen, painful breasts, migraines, nausea and vomiting, weepy, depressed, indecisive, panic attacks and mood swings.
- polycystic ovaries
- ovarian cysts
- feels controlled by another
- living out another’s expectations
- no sense of what she wants or who she is
- lives only to give it away to everyone else – energy, time and attention
Think long and hard before taking the birth control pill as it impacts women in many more ways then just as a method of birth control. I often see women with difficulty getting pregnant after being on the pill. After having their contraception controlled they they then go on to have their conception, labour and postpartum controlled. Get a sense of your own body and its rhythms and work with it.
Check out – Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Welcher – an excellent resource to connect back to yourself if you have been “away”. Treat yourself with love and honour your body.