There are several homeopathic remedies that are able to ask the body to increase your milk supply. However – before you read further please check that you are first aware of the following vital actions that are more important then any remedies:
- you are spending significant time resting, in bed SKIN TO SKIN with your baby
- you have had some professional nursing support from a lactation consultant, a midwife, a doula or another mother that is experienced in breastfeeding.
- you are drinking a min. of 8 glasses of water daily
- you are eating a min. of three meals a day with protein, fruits, vegetables and grains
- you are feeling supported in your home – i.e care for other children is in place, meals, laundry help etc. is happening
- you are not in pain
If you are able to adjust any of these areas please do – they do make a difference. It is most likely that you are in need of extra support – your body knows how to make milk and feed the baby that you just grew and gave birth to. Trust in this.
this is for a milk supply that is erratic – it is good, then it is low, then it is fine again. Often the mother feels very weepy, wants to have lots of reassurance and company.
Lac Caninum 200C
Lac Caninum is a remedy that will address milk flow issues that switch from side to side. The mother may feel a conflict between nursing and the sexuality of her breasts – this needs to be resolved to fully step into breastfeeding.
For more in-depth information on remedies to support breastfeeding please visit my website – http://www.pipermartin.com and refer to my on-line e-book – The Homeopathic Guide to a Vibrant Pregnancy.